The change means Yorkshire Post editor Peter Charlton and Yorkshire Evening Post editor Paul Napier have been placed on notice of redundancy.
Helen Oldham, managing director of Johnston Press West Yorkshire said: "As part of the overall objective of creating a more efficient management structure, we are proposing to make the following change: the roles of editor of the Yorkshire Post and editor of the Yorkshire Evening Post will be combined into a single role with responsibility for both titles. We are in consultation with both Peter Charlton and Paul Napier and further announcements will be made in due course."
- Finn Comms appoints TheBusinessDesk editor Ian Briggs
- Yorkshire Evening Post appoints municipal reporter
- Yorkshire Post appoints agricultural correspondent
- Yorkshire Post appoints crime correspondent
- Peter Charlton quits Yorkshire editorships
- Yorkshire Evening Post relaunches
- Yorkshire Post appoints deputy news editor
- Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post to move
- Yorkshire Post appoints political editor
- Charlton named editor of Yorkshire dailies